Lake Adventures Uniting Nature and Children With Hospitality, (L.A.U.N.C.H.), Inc.
Articles of Incorporation filed with the State of Wisconsin June 23, 2008.
Officers: Valerie Fons, president
Rebecca Fons, treasurer
Susan Wallitsch, secretary
The corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational purposes within the meaning of Sec 502 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including the purposes promoting and facilitating environmentally sensitive use, understanding and appreciation of the heritage resources of the islands comprising the Town of Washington, County of Door and State of Wisconsin (the "Islands:") and the surrounding waters of Lake Michigan and Green Bay through interpretive, scientific, historical, educational and other activities, including planning and sponsoring journeys of discovery for children and adult residents and visitors to the Islands, focusing on environmental education, community development, spiritual formation, personal discipline, restoration and growth, and leadership recognition and practice within the dynamics of participation in outdoor, historical, cultural, vocational and relationship exploration, and in cooperation with other public and private not-for-profits.
No part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, officers, directors or other private persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in Article 8, Purpose or purposes for which the corporation is organized, Exhibit A attachment to Articles of Incorporation for Lake Adventures Uniting Nature and Children With Hospitality (L.A.U.N.C.H.), Inc., application for Recognition of Exemption under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code submitted January 6, 2009.
Programs of L.A.U.N.C.H.:
- Oatmeal Sundaes, a universal and daily hot breakfast program at Washington Island School
- Chess Club, a weekly after school program
- Evergreen Sewing Circle and Craft Club, a weekly after school program
- Rock Island Women's Kayak and Scripture Retreat, a camping program listedwith the Wisconsin United Methodist Camp & Retreat Ministries, Breakthrough summer camps 2009
- Washington Island Canoe & Kayak Event sponsor
- Partner and host with Sierra Club Inner City Outings and the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County, Wisconsin, for a Washington Island camping retreat
- Partner and host with Boys & Girls Club, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin for a Washington Island summer trip
- Butterfly House, 1349 Main Road, Open Memorial Day - Labor Day, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.